Tuesday, June 20, 2017

My new toy

I got a new toy this week-well, last week but I was too sick to play with it.  It's an Instant Pot.  I've heard amazing things about them, but I'm just too cheap to get one.  And I don't need one, I have a rice cooker, and a pressure cooker, and a slow cooker.  I'm fine.  But  it was on sale and like I said, I've heard amazing things about them.  So I bought one.  I've used it 3 times so far and let me tell you.  I love it.  I've cooked beans twice.  Both times without soaking them, and going from dry to fully cook-if even a little mushy- in 1 hour.  I'm sold.  Tonight I made beans then I turned around and cooked a pork roast for chili verde in about an hour too.  It was so melt in your mouth good.  I'm posting the link to the recipe.  TRY IT!!!  You can do it in the crock pot too, it will just take you all. day.

Chili Verde


No comments:

Post a Comment